Wednesday, April 23, 2008

LOS VIEJOS

So the primary reason that I headed up to the Bay Area was to attend my niece's communion reception and my uncle's retirement dinner. Both were celebrated concurrently at Mount Hamilton Grandview restaurant, which overlooks the entire city of San Jose.

It was great to see my family that I hadn't seen in such a long time. It was a surprise for my uncle who had no idea that it was going to be a dinner honoring him. I could tell he was truly touched. My cousin did amazing job.

My uncle has worked for AT&T since God knows when and I think he is looking forward to some time off. My own father is about to retire soon from Macy's and I can't help but wonder what it will be like for me when I am their age. They both worked for the same companies most of their lives, and that just doesn't happen anymore. Oh where has the stability gone?!

Los viejos in the photo from right to left, my dad and uncle's cousin, my dad, and my uncle.

No comments: