Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Bliss, Employee Rifts, My Mind Drifts...

but it barely feels like it for the Guero. The last two weeks have been have been hectic...trying to get the proper inventory into the stores, dealing with slow sales, and employee grumblings. I had an employee incident that spun wildly out of control that I wish I could have handled better but honestly, I just didn't have the time and when I tried to make it better, it completely blew back into my face. The past 2 1/2 years, I have tried to keep my store drama-free but lately it's been like a damn novela in here.

The Guero's mother flew down from San Francisco. She was here for about 5 days and I think I spent about 6 hours with her. She pretty much just stayed in our house the entire time, doing nothing but watching TV and cooking for us. I feel really bad but these stores take all our time. So she left yesterday and took my son with her. This is the second year in a row that we won't get to spend Christmas with our son. It's sad but I know it's better for him up there as there is no family or friends here and we would have nothing to do and then we have to be right back in the stores the following day.

And to top it off, I've have a nasty cold. My head feels like it's going to explode...

No comments: