Saturday, April 19, 2008

TWO FAVORITES: JULIETA Y LILY


I'm sure it was just a coincidence but my two most favorite singer-song writers released new songs on MySpace this past Thursday:

Julieta Venegas just released, "El Presente" from her upcoming MTV Unplugged that was recorded last March in Mexico D.F. It's performed amazingly and if I didn't hear the applause at the end, I would've never known it was live. Also, there is "Algo Fue Mio", another great track.

Lily Allen also released two tracks: "I Don't Know" and "I Could Say". The first being my favorite. It's got nice retro-eighties sound and of course her always pointed lyrics. This time about being a young woman in the twenty first century...in an age of mass consumption and Paris Hilton.

Listening to these tracks is probably the only reason I have for having a MySpace page. I'm too old for this shit...really!!!!

No comments: