Thursday, April 17, 2008

PRELUDE TO A HOMECOMING

Even though Los Angeles still feels like the center of the known universe to me (I know you all think I'm absolutely gone nutters), I still feel like The City* is my home and tomorrow, I will be flying up with my son to visit for a short stay. My wife will be staying behind to mind the store and subsequently get a brief reprieve from all the snoring, burping, farting and other horribles. Oh yes and a well deserved break from my son as well.

There'll be a family function, that I'll write more about later, that will allow me to see relatives I haven't seen in eons. I'll also try to catch up with some friends. Sadly, my old college buddy Marcos, won't be there as he picked up his shit and went to Miami, FL for a change of scene. Always having his finger on the pulse, he would always find a good dive bar in the Mission or some underground club to hang out at, nearly every time I went back to The City.

Never-the-less, it's always good to go home for a bit. I think it will be just fine...

*Locals from the Bay Area refer to San Francisco as "The City". Call it 'Frisco' only to watch us cringe, like fingernails across a chalkboard.

No comments: