Wednesday, April 16, 2008

YET ANOTHER BRITISH SOUL SIREN:DUFFY

I'll admit that I'm a sucker for trends and lately it's been these 60s style soul singers from the UK that have been doing it for me. Not since the glory days of Dusty Springfield have there seemed to be so many.

Last month I posted two videos from Gabriella Cilmi (pronounced Chill-me), the teen-age Aussie singer currently living in the UK. This time the new soul singer/songwriter hails from Wales. Her name is Aimee Anne Duffy but has apparently decided just to go by the moniker, Duffy. Fine by me. I hate to rush to judgment and say that she's the hottest thing based on hearing one track, but after hearing and seeing this video, I'm sold - bought and paid for, with a little ribbon tied around me. She's hot, her voice is massive, I dig her style and I gotta say...I got the chills when I first heard her. I love it and I'm considering ordering the CD from Amazon.co.uk since as of now, there's no domestic release. The guero says check her out!

Duffy - Mercy (2007)

No comments: