Saturday, May 3, 2008

CIRCLING THE DRAIN...

So it looks as if the end is finally in sight...somewhat. Strangely, I'm actually looking forward to hitting rock bottom because after four years of years of losing my house, life savings, credit, family, friendships and my sanity; there's some solace in that when you hit the bottom, there's nowhere else to go but up. As it is now, the situation has been a continuous free-fall to nowhere.

These next few months are going to present some of the most difficult challenges I have faced. I don't how I will do it but then again I still don't know how I have been doing it thus far. At damn near 40 years old, my family has start all over again.

Yesterday, I read that Linens n' Things is filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. At the conclusion of the article, one of the analysts is quoted :

"There is going to be a record number of store closings through bankruptcy in the next 150 to 1500 days, as the retail recession becomes the worst the U.S. has seen in 30 years."

Yeah...no shit.

No comments: