Monday, April 7, 2008

JUST LIKE THAT...

Today, We went to see an attorney in downtown San Diego. This particular attorney specializes in business and that other dreaded b-word, bankruptcy. So this guy is a friend and attorney of an acquaintance of ours, who also happens to a business owner.

Supposedly, this was going to be a "free" consultation and I was little wary of that but on we went. I think we were there for a little over an hour. During this time, we didn't learn anything new and/or insightful. In fact, as I sat there, I just started feeling more angry, hopeless and sad. For over an hour, this attorney just summarized and reiterated how fucked we are, albeit in a more legalistic, methodical and formalized fashion, admitting he had no "magic-bullet" solutions.

I couldn't wait to get the fuck out of there and finally, at what amounted to be quite an awkward conclusion - I had just finished telling him that we didn't have any money to pay our rent and out bank loan, he then asks for 375 fucking dollars!! I looked at my wife. What the hell had just happened? So there we were:I didn't bring any checks so we handed over the cash we just picked up from the store. That, was a almost a whole day's earnings...gone...just like that... for what? I don't need to pay some one 375 dollars to tell me that we're floating in the toilet and about to be flushed. I ALREADY KNOW!!

So now here I am. On top of being pitifully despondent, I'm now seething with an almost uncontrollable rage...goddamnit!!!

No comments: