Wednesday, June 4, 2008

BACK ON THE BLOCK...NOT YET


IMG_0535.JPG, originally uploaded by güero.

We're not quite back yet but will be soon. There's so much to do, as we're still crawling out from the wreckage of the past four years. I'm really going to miss Southern California. I'm not ready to leave a but at this point there are no other options. It's really a taking a huge step backwards from the suburban bliss and peacefulness of beautiful Poway, California. Poway is great place for families and great place to live.

I was born and raised in the Mission District and proud of it actually, but let's face it: It's dirty and dangerous. It's wonderful now-a-days for the young artsy, techy and tattooed hipsters who want to feel urban, but it's a right frightful place for children and the San Francisco Unified School District?...Well, I don't even need to go there. Most residents in San Francisco seem to care more about dogs than children.

I also worry about my own self-control as I have many friends in the City and there are bars everywhere and many are in convenient stumbling distance, which means the thought of having to drive isn't an impediment. Mis primas, Dina and Shelli are already plotting my demise with a "welcome back" night for me at the local dive, the Jay n' Bee. Oh no....

No comments: