- Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
- The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
- I know of no reason
- Why the Gunpowder Treason
- Should ever be forgot.
- Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent
- To blow up King and Parli'ment.
- Three-score barrels of powder below
- To prove old England's overthrow;
- By God's providence he was catch'd
- With a dark lantern and burning match.
- Holloa boys, holloa boys, let the bells ring.
- Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
REMEMBERING THE GUN POWDER PLOT
Back in 1605, being Catholic in England was like being Muslim in the West today. I'm of Catholic stock myself, but the anglophile in me wants to send a shout out to all my English brothers and sisters across the pond. It's all good: just another reason to blow up stuff!